Agios Loukas

Between Pano Petali and the main square of Artemonas lies the village of Agios Loukas or Ai Loukas, named after the nearby church of the same name.

A church dedicated to both Panagia Gournia, and Agios Nikolaos is to be found here, with remarkable frescoes by the famous folk hagiographer of Sifnos, Agapios, also known as the ‘Defterevon’ (the second in the hierarchy). There is also the church of Ai Giorgi Afenti (the Master) with its famous icons dating back to 1645, works by the important Cretan School hagiographers of the time, Zacharias Tzagkaropoulos and Konstantinos Paliokapas, and the beautiful church of Agios Konstantinos with its rare architectural features, situated in the square of the same name.

Ai Loukas is the birthplace of the owner and president of the Eugenides Foundation, Nicholas Vernikos-Eugenides, and the shipowner and minister Alexandros Vernikos.



The «silent power» of the Cyclades

Evocative landscapes, lively tradition, and a relax atmophere.
Unforgettable holidays on the island of blance and harmony.

Scroll to Top